Symbols: Projects that Help Students Enhance Meaning
The Symbols Curriculum Set is a selection of four projects (20 lessons total) that use symbols to help students enhance meaning. Understanding symbols is an important component in building visual literacy in students. Through this series of projects, students are introduced to symbols and metaphor, so they can apply the concepts to personally significant artworks in order to enhance their meaning.
This curriculum focuses on 2D media and includes lessons with colored pencils, markers, and tempera paint.
What you get:
- a collection of 4 projects (each containing 5-6 lessons for a total of 20-25 lessons depending on the speed of the class) building an understanding of symbols and metaphor
- links to downloadable and editable lesson plans (which can be used with or without the streaming videos)
- a vocabulary list
- a comprehensive supply list
- Your lesson plans will be printable so you can easily add prep notes and classroom observations.
- And, each pack contains links to all of the video content so you can implement your lessons on a learning management system of your choice