Symbols: Projects that Help Students Enhance Meaning
Suggested price: $19.99
The Symbols Curriculum Set is a selection of four projects (20 lessons total) that use symbols to help students enhance meaning. Understanding symbols is an important component in building visual literacy in students. Through this series of projects, students are introduced to symbols and metaphor, so they can apply the concepts to personally significant artworks in order to enhance their meaning.
At Doodles Academy, we believe that access to high-quality art education should be available to all — regardless of financial means. Our downloadable content is available through a pay-what-you-want subscription model, but we rely on the support and generosity of those who are able to pay in order to continue offering our free to low-cost resources to everyone. Please know that your contribution will help us reach more people and make a greater impact.
This curriculum focuses on 2D media and includes lessons with colored pencils, markers, and tempera paint.
What you get:
- a collection of 4 projects (each containing 5-6 lessons for a total of 20-25 lessons depending on the speed of the class) building an understanding of symbols and metaphor
- links to downloadable and editable lesson plans (which can be used with or without the streaming videos)
- a vocabulary list
- a comprehensive supply list
- Your lesson plans will be printable so you can easily add prep notes and classroom observations.
- And, each pack contains links to all of the video content so you can implement your lessons on a learning management system of your choice